PICK-ups: "Hope, purpose and determination are not merely mental states. They have electrochemical connections that affect the immune system." Norman Cousins, writer
Listen to soothing sounds while 'picking' here. Click a music video below. This week featuring Enya

20091226

New Year + Change tactics = Wellness.


Lacking energy, lethargic, slow …we now know what “listless” is.   These harried times, the very word impresses just that, the lack of planning or coming up with a list can make one slow on the uptake – that is, short of saying, appear stupid.  


The decade's end is peeking closely and we are challenged once more with a challenging year ahead. In spite of our efforts to keep our cool and wear “wellness” with glowing regard, no one and nobody can really, totally, escape hassles and bothersomes.  We all have our fatigue moments.

Sigh. Fidget. Whistle.   

WELLNESS PICKS suggests that we come up with a NOT-TO-DO LIST for 2010.  To us, this is much believable rather than coaxing yourself to come up with a to-do list that resembles some complex military strategy complete with notes on psychological operations.  Why not launch a counterattack by rattling off a list of things you are NOT going to accomplish? On top of my not-to-do list? Stop making to-do lists that will never get done.

New Year + Change tactics = Wellness.

Such that:  JUST SAY NO.  I won’t over-commit.  I will weed out all the things I have felt obliged to do in the past and will decide to participate only in the volunteering, social and family activities that I truly want to do.  I don’t plan to increase my carbon footprint.  I will continue to look for ways to cut back on the amount of energy and other natural resources that I consume.  I won’t waste my time with negative people.  New Year, new mind-set!

What yours? Now get past - stop pinching your belly, wishing for a tummy tuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment